Friday, July 13, 2012

Sometimes I fail at being all-natural

We have ants. We have had ants since we moved in. A quick google search informed me that borax mixed with sugar was a sure-fire way to defeat the bastards. 15 days later, the ants have MULTIPLIED, are everywhere, and show no sign of being affected by the borax.  Problem #2, the sugar and borax seemed to have MELTED and created a harsh, impenetrable crystal-type new chemical formation on all of my surfaces.

My attempt to be healthy and all natural has failed. I spent the day spraying spider killer chemical all over the house.  Whatever the heck is in this spray kills the ants immediately, but also leaves me coughing and gasping. But I'll be damned if I let these little buggers live one more day in my house.
I also spent the afternoon working my heiny off trying to scrape of the aforementioned crystal formation on my surfaces. At least I used baking soda and vinegar to get it off my surfaces!  However, it still took me about an hour of scrubbing, I mean intense, full body, all out effort scrubbing to get this crap of my window sills, counters, and floors.

Looking back, it would have been a lot easier and saved me a lot of time to spray the chemical crap to begin with. But, alas, I can never do anything the easy way. Here's the spray I used. I know it's for spiders but we didn't have any other bug killing chemicals in the house:

 

 Here's the borax I use for about 80 million other things, but apparently not for killing ants:

 And here's the baking soda I got at the dollar store for $0.50 that always cleans up my messes:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment