Sunday, June 3, 2012

Getting ready to move

As we get ready to move I realize how much our house really needs a deep, deep clean.  This used to mean I'd go to the store and stock up on 409, lysol, and bleach.  I have always HATED this for two reasons: I hate the smells and more importantly, hate spending money on cleaning supplies.  I noticed than several cleaning supplies touted the fact that they had vinegar in them to make them more powerful. Then, I noticed that vinegar was usually 1/4 the cost of the name brand cleaning supplies. Hm, I thought, maybe vinegar is useful for more than cooking. Lo and behold, I found out that vinegar is the perfect cleaner. With a little online searching I found out how to make most of the cleaning supplies I needed. Here are two links to the sites I found with some cleaning recipes. They work, are safe, and are cheap. Good luck!
http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/10/clean-up-your-act-all-natural-homemade-cleaners/
and
http://www.macheesmo.com/2011/01/four-homemade-cleaners/

No comments:

Post a Comment