Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Preparing food for a three day trip

As you have seen from my last few posts, I'm not a health food nazi...but I control what I can.  As we get ready for our 3 day trip to Orange, I am cooking, creating food lists, and looking up places to eat that serve healthy food options.  I went to 3 year olds birthday last night and since I'd gorged on pizza, beer, and cake the entire weekend before,  (and haven't worked out in 2 weeks), this is what my plate looked like:
Yep, that's a turkey patty with no bun or condiments with a TINY side of beans and watermelon.  And I shared with my little girl.  Now, I did share a cupcake with her, too.

Here's the thing (I know I've said it before but I will keep saying it!)  I eat like this most of the time so that when I do splurge I truly enjoy it, and it doesn't affect me.  So, getting back to the trip....

Today I have cooked in the oven 2 packages of turkey bacon. I am also going to boil at least  a dozen eggs. These will be my primary snacks during the drive.  Oh, and I can't forget almonds and almond butter.  I'm going high protein with good fats to keep me full and alert. My kiddo loves eggs, too so these are great snacks for everyone.  I'm also going to pack peanut butter sandwiches for her and my husband.  With a little planning we can eliminate most sources of temptation and avoid the drive thru altogether (probably not for potty breaks- and not for the kid, for me, I pee like a racehorse but I'll get to that story another day!)


Ok, I'm definitely using today's blog to avoid packing, but I must get back to it, and it's time for a little snack. Apple anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment